I've made a few more star blocks for the Brit quilt swap.
I've really enjoyed making them. The biggest block is 8 inches and the smallest 3.5 inches. The idea for this mini is to have quite a lot of empty space i.e. the Kona ash and as the maximum size for the quilt is 24x24 inches I won't need to make too many stars.
I posted a progress photo on the group's flick page and asked for opinions as to whether to make any more blocks. I received some lovely comments and quite a few people suggested making a few more tiny ones. I've now made a teeny tiny star which measures just under two inches with an overall block size of 3.75 inches. They're actually fairly easy to make using the wonky star method. I'll do a few more teeny ones and another ones about the size of the star in the bottom left of the photo.
I wonder if the quilt being made for me has been shown on the site yet. There's some lovely ones being posted.
Bye for now, Maria
I'm linking this post to Fabric Tuesday on the Quilt Story blog.