Sunday 25 September 2011

Still here.


It's been over a year since I wrote a post on my blog. I felt that I was taking too much of my time fiddling round trying to take great photos and deciding what to write etc. Well inspiration has struck and I've decided to have another go. It doesn't matter if my photos aren't perfect or what I write isn't perfect or witty. It's not a competition between blogs, just a bit of fun.
I've still been blog reading and apologise for not commenting either.


Well here goes............................
Many moons ago I showed the progress of a quilt I called my "Kaffe Fassett Quilt". It was inspired by a quilt from one of his wonderful books but I can't remember which book and it has long since been returned to the library.
Well after about three years it is finished apart from hand sewing the back of a small piece of binding and tying in some ends.






 


 A long time ago I also showed the progress of a storm at sea quilt. Well, that fella's now on the wall. Unfashionably it's made from batiks but I love it. I love how the blocks have a circular effect even though they are all straight lines. I quilted lots of circles which add to the effect.

It's not really wider at the top then the bottom!  
Ok, that's it for now. Hopefully back soon with cushions!


Maria.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi - nice to see you back xxx

Amy said...

Hi Maria,
I'm glad you're back :)

Amy

Marie said...

Oh Maria, it is so wonderful to hear from you, have missed you and wondered if all was okay.Beautiful work my friend. Please keep in touch, your such a sweetheart. Hugs,Marie

Sherri said...

Your quilts are beautiful...so glad to see you back!

Sarah said...

YAY you are back!!!

Gosh the quilts are good!

P.S. I like the new header and the rabbit (wink wink)

Liz said...

Welcome back. Nice to see you again. Love your Kaffe Quilt. Nothing wrong with a blog break. I took a small one too this year.

SewIknit2 said...

love them both! esp. the quilt on bed think the colours are fantastic!!
Sue x

highwaycottage said...

So lovely to see you blogging again Maria. I've missed your posts.

That Kaffe quilt is WICKED !! So much work has gone into that. I hope you ar proud of yourself :-)