Tuesday 1 December 2009

This "n" That.



Hi there, during the last week I've been working on a few items that need finishing. I decided to make a pieced back for my wonky log cabin quilt using the many scraps I had left over plus some fabric that just needs using up. It's taking ages to put together as there are many small pieces, I could probably have finished it by now if I'd not pieced the back but it's nearly done now. I'll show a picture when it's completed.

I showed this christmas mini quilt last year when I started it and surprise, surprise it's not finished yet, I'm doing hand work on it now and hope to get it done for this christmas.



My "Summer pools" quilt has finally made it onto the wall. Sorry about the poor photo.




I tried a new craft the other day inspired by this wonderful post by Lucy at Attic24. It's called decopatch and involves tearing up pieces of paper and glueing them to an MDF frame. I bought mine from here.





I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, I much prefer Lucy's though. They were sold out of the style of letters she used and I was too impatient to wait for more. It was fun to do and I think I may do another one which spells "home".

Bye for now, Maria.



16 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Summer Pools looks beautiful on your wall. I'm in the process of deciding on color schemes for new living room/dining room. What a very cute mini Christmas quilt. LOVE your sign. :o)

Amanda said...

LOVE everything you've shown today. I keep looking at those large letters and wondering what I could do with them; now I know and they don't seem so expensive after all. Great new blog site to visit as well, I love the colourful life of Lucy at Attic24.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous quilts - can't wait to see the Christmassy one finished! I saw the decopatch on Lucy's blog and rather fancied having a go too - did you buy a kit or the bits individually?
Rachel x

Attic24 said...

Your love letters look LOVEly, you've done a great job...I also want to buy the letters for the word HOME but am still busy decopatching my lampshade so need to wait, only so many hours in the day! My shade is turning out great, can't wait to show!

Your quilts are absolutely gorgeous btw, really, really love your summer pools, all my fave colours. Beautiful.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marie said...

Maria I love your post today--all the things are so beautiful.I really love the word love. I think I would like to try to do the process. Love the quilts too. Have a beautiful Christmas and thanks for visiting my blog too. Hugs, Marie

wonderwoman said...

absolutely love your christmas quilt! and the summer pool quilt looks lovely.

x

Sherri said...

Love Summer Pools...even the name is perfect! And your Christmas quilt is lovely too...sometimes projects that take a while end up being so much more treasured and appreciated than ones that go together quickly...so it's okay if it takes time to finish! Love your sign too...I want to try that after Christmas!

Heckety said...

Ooh yummy! I like the way you've done the sign. Also the Summer Pools is such serene colours- looks like its hanging pretty well too! Any time you're free please show me how to make quilts which hang FLAT!
In fact I really like all your work!

Anonymous said...

Love your little Christmas quilt. Well done for your finished one. I didn't know that technique had a name! I just did papier mache bowls on year and on the final layer did tissue paper to make it smoother. Afterwards I varnished it all. One bowl had a little plastic lizard tissue papered over so his tail went down the side of the bowl. Tricky but effective.

P2P said...

Love your Love Letters!! just like the one of Attic24. For a first time you did really well. To enhance Decopatch papers though, it's always best to basecoat the surface first with white acrylic or white gesso, and then glue the paper. My 2 cents. Take care!

Jackie said...

Its lovely..bright yet subtle .I like the style of writing too.

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hi Maria,

So many pretty quilts! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished log cabin and christmas quilt. Nice 'Love' sign too.

Mary

Gone to Earth said...

Your Christms quilt is brilliant. The summer pools is just beautiful and I love that decopatch. Inspiring!

Stacey said...

Your crafts are so beautiful. I would love to learn to make quilts. It looks like a worthwhile investment and theraputic.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zigzago said...

Hi Maria, I hope you have a Happy and Creative 2010! Hugs, Renata.