Wednesday 12 August 2009

Swap, Swap, Swapping.

Lots of pictures today all swap related. I recently took part in a seaside swap organised by Rachel. My partner was Viv from New Zealand. I made her this mini-quilt.







Slightly wonky stitching on the beach hut doors but I'm sure Viv doesn't mind.
Viv sent me a very New Zealand themed parcel which I love. It's great to be sent something personal to the area where the sender lives. I'm sure there are many seaside items that are mass produced and sold all over the world. I told Viv the story of when I bought a handbag in a small boutique in France last year thinking it would be different to what other people at home had but I've seen bags exactly the same on our local market and loads of people with them in the town.

Anyway, here is the super parcel that Viv sent. I love the New Zealand
Paua shell, it is beautiful how it shimmers in the light. There's too much to mention each gift but here they all are. Thanks a lot viv.



Another swap I recently took part in was Linda and Stephanie's Christmas in July swap. I recently showed what I sent my partner. Well unfortunately it has turned out that the lady who was partnered to send me a parcel has been ill and we thought that she was no longer taking part, Stephanie kindly stepped in and sent me a beautiful parcel.



I gasped when this beautiful bag full of gifts popped out of the box.



Here's the bag in all its polka dot glory.



Isn't this fab? It's a christmasy craft apron. Don't you just love the fabric and the way Stephanie has fussy cut the fabrics on the pockets? Unfortunately I haven't got all the pockets in the photo.



Stephanie also sent some t-cloths, recipe cards, polka dot note cards, a needle case, a super soft flannel pillow case and a knitted dishcloth. Many thanks Stephanie, you are very kind.

We have since heard from my partner and she has sent a parcel too so it looks like I'm going to be the lucky recipient of two parcels!

I haven't been very productive with my sewing over the last week but I've started my quilt for the Doll Quilt 7 swap on flickr so I better get going with that.
Bye for now, Maria.

Update: I have just received a wonderful parcel from my original Christmas in July swap partner Kelly, I will do a post about it soon.

15 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling little quilt you made your partner. Such thoughtful attention to detail. What gorgeous shell goodies you received. You look quite stylish in your craft apron. :o) Glad you enjoyed your box of goodies.

Amanda said...

I love your little beach hut quilt. We're thinking of decorating our small bathroom like a beach hut, so I may just have to pinch that idea. And weren't you the lucky one with your swap goodies.

Unknown said...

Great parcels both given and received. I knew Stephanie would spoil you.

Carrie P. said...

The little beach house quilt you made is so sweet. Viv sent you some very nice goodies. Wow, Stephanie has such talent. The apron is so cute and so are all the other things she sent you.

Kris said...

Lovely stuff! I love the beach houses. Just gorgeous, and all your swap goodies are just wonderful! You are a lucky swapper!

Those shells just say "New Zealand" to me!

PS. Just had to tell you that I have been carrying your Christmas bag everywhere with me - my stitching fits in it - and have had so many lovely complimentary comments.

Rachel said...

Fabulous swap goodies! I love the mini quilt you sent to Viv (I made mini quilts too and just realised I never posted any pics of them - must fix that!). Thanks for taking part in my swap, I'm hoping to run another one, maybe in October, so watch out for it!
Rachel x

Sherri said...

What a great idea...a seaside swap! Your quilt is beautiful...and I love the shell! And such wonderful gifts from Stephanie!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love your beach huts and all the stitching details you've added...I bet she will love it!

Anonymous said...

The beach hut quilt is gorgeous. I think the stitching is perfect for the doors. You made some lovely textures with the stitches you chose.

I can see why you were so happy with the New Zealand goodies. The fabrics are beautiful.

Oh wow the parcel Stephanie sent is so lovely. She really has an eye when choosing fabrics. That apron looks like so much fun. Oo the cloths too. So sweet of her.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Maria,
darling quilt, lucky Viv, they are really georgeous beach huts!... and such lovely Christmas goodies too!

Brioni Greenberg said...

Ooohhh......you lucky thing, and i absolutely LOVE your lil quilt!
Nothing like looking at a bit of summery goodness on a dreary wet day. B.x.

Sarah said...

Gosh Marie - you have been spoilt with such lovely goodies. I also like what you made for your beach side swap.

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hello!

What lovely swaps. Your seaside theme quilt is really nice and very English.

I want to let you know that you have won my Kids Knit signed book giveaway. I'm trying to find your e-mail so we can arrange for it to be sent to you. Yep another parcel coming your way.

Mary

Simone de Klerk said...

Your seaside mini quilt is gorgeous!!! How happy Viv will be with it. And you received some lovely lovely gifts. Love the apron Stephanie made you! And also love the gifts you made for your secret partner. The Christmas tree - I've never seen something like that. Wonderful projects once again, dear Maria!

Indigo Blue said...

What lovely surprises to get in the post. The apron is fantastic, a lot of time has certainly gone into that.
I really like your seaside quilt too.