Monday 24 August 2009

Lucky old me.

Hi All. We've just returned from a week away in beautiful Cornwall so I'm refreshed and ready to start sewing again. As I mentioned in my last post I received a fabulous package of goodies from my Christmas in July swap partner Kelly. She sent lots of beautiful gifts, here they all are.

We had to make a Christmas stocking or santa sack. Kelly made this lovely, huge bag.



This Santa has been appliqued onto the bag with blanket stitch.



I love these jingle bells sewn onto prairie points.



Kelly also made this beautiful wall hanging.



I love the hanger, it's so pretty.



This is a shopping bag. What a great saying.



Look at this selection of delights. A magazine, Australian fabric, sewing theme badges and a pretty address book.



I even received some pretty jewellry which I've had the pleasure of wearing and a cute little bag which I used to take my jewellry on holiday in.



Just look at these cute little chaps, they'll look great on our christmas tree.



Thanks very much kelly, you sent a very generous, beautiful parcel.

Due to circumstances I received two wonderful parcels in this swap from Stephanie and Kelly and I've therefore decided to do a give-away which will be open just to other membersof the Christmas in July swap. As I've received so much I thought it would share things out a bit. I'm not giving away anything that Stephanie or Kelly sent though, they're all mine! I'll come up with a parcel of goodies, not sure what yet though. I'll post about it when I get my act together.

Bye for now, Maria.


8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Welcome Back Maria! What a lovely package of gifts from Kelly. I love those jingly bells on the prairie points. Pretty jewelry pouch as well as the jewelry. Keep me posted on the giveaway and I'll do a blog post about it.

Gone to Earth said...

Hi - What a lot of lovely gifts you've received. I love the detail of the bells on the prarie points and the stitchery. I think you've been quite spoiled but then everyone deserves that once in a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Maria. I hope Cornwall was a lot of fun.

What a lovely parcel from Kelly. So much work and thoughtfulness went in to it. Love the bells on the bag. :-)

That is so kind of you to do a giveaway for us Christmas in July swappers. I hope you have a lot of fun putting it together. :-)

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Hi Maria, welcome home, I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Thanks for the lovely blog post and for the great photos. I'm so glad you like the gifts, I enjoyed making them for you. Kelly :-)

Sherri said...

I love your gifts...and have to make my own "to sew or not to sew...what a silly question" sign...thanks for sharing!

Simone de Klerk said...

You received lovely presents from Kelly! What a wonderful Christmas in July for you (O:

The sewing room said...

Hi just dropped in to say hello and read your blog and would like to say what a talented lady you are, your sewing is so bright and cheerfull it's been a pleasure.

Hugs Pat

Liz said...

What a lot of lovely gifts. The santa bag is amazing, love the stitchery hanging very nice saying and I love the to sew or not to sew. Very apt.