I have a couple of projects in progress. The first is a quilt for project Linus. I have loads of fabric to use up and a great deal of it is children's fabric. I thought that charity quilts would be a great way of using it up. This one is bright and cheerful and I hope it will brighten up the world of an ill or under privelaged girl. I've now got to put the borders on. I have loads of the yellow flowery fabric left, enough for the backing and border.
About a year ago I started this quilt which is based on a design from a Kaffe Fassett book. It's a medallian quilt which means that you start with a central block and then build it up by adding borders. I'm not concerned that it's taking so long as this was my plan from the start. I wanted a long term project to keep going back to whilst working on other, smaller projects in between.
My next border is to be made of nine patch blocks made up of lots of different fabrics. Once they're sewn together you won't be able to see that they're nine patches. Hopefully they'll look like loads of small random squares. Luckily I have lots of scraps to use up for this as I needed lots of different designs.
So, here is my pile of sets of three squares ready to be sewn into nine patch blocks.
I hope you've enjoyed todays little look at what I've been upto.
Bye for now, Maria.